Monday, June 4, 2007

Poker Demise

Six retired Floridians were playing poker in the condo clubhouse
when Jim loses $500 on a single hand. He clutches his chest and
drops dead at the table.

Showing respect for their fallen comrade, the other five continue
the game standing up.

Bill looks around and asks, "So, who's gonna' tell Jim's wife?"

They draw straws. Mark picks the short one. They tell him to be
discreet, be gentle, don't make a bad situation any worse.

"Discreet? I'm the most discreet man you will ever meet. Discretion
is my middle name, leave it to me."

Mark goes over to Jim's apartment and knocks on the door. Jim's wife
answers and asks what he wants.

Mark declares, "Your husband just lost $500 and is afraid to come
home."

"He should be afraid! Tell him I said he can drop dead!" she yells.

"I'll go tell him."

No comments: